Monday, November 3, 2014

NaNoWriMo

After taking September off to do research for a future story, it was good to get back to work in October. November will be it's own challenge with 50,000 words looming over my head.

I successfully wrote and submitted a story to international literary journal, The Flexible Persona, before the October 31st deadline, which was a first. Granted I waited till the 30th, but getting the story in one day early was still an improvement considering I have even missed the date before. I was pleased with what I wrote, but like all writers, I know it can always be improved upon. So we shall see.

November is National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo. I think it's a bit of a cruel joke considering we are shorted one day and have a major holiday to contend with, but I have never been one to back down from a challenge. I attempted this last year with only a vague idea of what I wanted to write. That, and a family illness, kept me from reaching the 50,000 word goal of my first novel. This year I am much more prepared. I am basing my novel on a previously written short story, so no guess work involved. Bring it on, November!

If you need a writing buddy for NaNoWriMo, look me up. My name is DizzyDiaries.

What do you do to keep yourself motivated to write everyday? I have to set myself up on a routine. I start and end at set times daily, otherwise it doesn't get done. Leave your comments below!

Wish me luck and I'll do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment